The Church of the Nazarene in Canada started in 1902 with a single congregation in Oxford, Nova Scotia.
Since then, it has spread across the country, until almost 200 churches and missions serve
in all of the Canadian provinces and in the Yukon, NWT.
These are the beliefs which Nazarenes hold to be true. They are common to Christians
- We believe in one God - the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration,
contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that man is born with a fallen nature and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race, and
that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and
regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration
through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire
sanctification of believers.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgement
will take place.
For further information about the beliefs, purpose and values of the Church of the Nazarene
International, please click here